Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Facebook Evil -- they invented my "interests"

As you see here, Facebook lists my interests as: PetVille, The Global Text Project, Wondershare, Quantum Wealth Management, and Celebrity Cruises

I have never told Facebook that I was interested in these things, in fact:
  • I have no interest in PetVille -- my wife plays that game with our grandchildren.
  • I am interested in the Global Text Project, but have never told that to Facebook or given them permission to tell others.
  • I have never heard of Wondershare and have no idea what it is.
  • My son-in-law owns Quantum Wealth Management, but I've never told Facebook about that.
  • I have taken some cruises, but never with Celebrity Cruises.
When people compare Google Plus and Facebook, they usually focus on features and user interface. I hope Google stays away from Facebook's Evil practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment